Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nobody thinks.........they just do

More and more I have been encountering real life examples as well as literature that notes that people don't make decisions/choices based on factual evidence, but on their own biases and opinions, regardless of what the evidence.

This somewhat shocks me from the point of view of someone who is a fan of economic theory.........we are all supposed to be incentivized to make the best choices for ourselves, but more and more it appears that this it he furthest thing from the truth.

While I still have no intention to point this out to anyone other than my readership (which is somewhere between 0 and less than 0), I do want to make note of this for my own life to ensure that I am at least considering the available info before doing whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment