Sunday, April 26, 2009

Michael Oher

I didn't pay much attention to the NFL Draft yesterday, but I did have a chance to see Michael Oher go #23 overall to the Baltimore Ravens..............I was sitting with a group of guys who had a chuckle about him shedding a tear............well, that was until I informed them of his special story. I am not going to rehash the story in full here, if you want to know about Michael Oher in total just google him, or do even better by picking up Michael Lewis' excellent book The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game

Oher has overcome humongous obstacles to get to where he is right now, even with all of the help he received from his adopted family the Tuohy's, who are very special people themselves for doing all that they have done to help this young man out..............anytime I think of Michael Oher, it inspires me to work a little bit harder, or to be appreciative of my many advantages that I have received in this world.

So, while watching grown men cry might be something to laugh at in certain circumstances, in this one, it was more inspiring than anything, to see a young man come so far to get there. I am a die-hard Chicago Bears fan, but you can bet that I will be rooting for the tackle that went #23 to Baltimore to have success every single week.

No comments:

Post a Comment