Sunday, April 19, 2009

Two weeks of value

Quick hit: I was talking to my brother today about my late investments in Nick Johnson, which are paying dividends right now (in my shallower mixed leagues I have picked him up, in my deeper leagues or NL Only, I drafted him late)...............I told him "I'll ride Nick Johnson until he breaks down".............at that point he told me "If you get 2 good weeks out of a pick up, then you got something valuable".............let me qualify this.............we play in leagues with daily pickups and often times 100 max moves, which means there is a lot of player movement, but his point is well taken. When you pick a player up, how much production can you/should you expect. I agree 2 weeks worth of hitting .350 and obp .450 is very valuable even without a ton of power..........the idea is, spend the year trying to find those guys with pockets of playing time/matchup advantages/advantageous park effects/lineup switches etc, it could be the difference between winning and not winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment